Enigma

Monday, July 17, 2006

When I look into a Mirror….

Looking into the mirror is often a humbling experience. With an open mind you can exactly see the thought patterns on your forehead, in your eyes, in your lips, in your appearance. A guilt conscious mind often try to shove away from mirror as quickly as possible while a rewarding experience often leave you adoring , drooling those distinct smiling silhouette, for hours. That’s where the word Honesty plays its role. How much you can face yourself after committing a delinquent act? How much benign you are when you bask in the glory of success? The Russian roulette of thoughts makes me wonder do I have immense guts and belief to accept my mistakes in front of my reflection.

I tried it. More often than not I failed


Every time I look into the mirror a disturbing thought keeps haunting at the back of my mind …Am I really honest??? Often we judge the sacrosanct word Honesty to our action in public domain. More often than not it’s the other individual’s parameter that decides how honest we are in community and in society in general. Yesterday the propensity to this thought kicked towards a different alley when a friend of mine narrated about her experiences of putting her thoughts in a dairy. The thought treaded a new dimension - how many of us are really honest to ourselves?

I can’t claim that I am the One…

Often people pour in their emotions in a Pensieve, I can’t fathom precisely for what reasons. I guess every individual likes to open up his or her inner consciousness to someone or other. Some find other trusted human entity as the best way to cut loose their thoughts ,others prefer docile and genial mouth less pages of dairy where they can put over their feelings. Often human reactions are deceptive and inconclusive to comprehend others emotions – the silent words scribbled on those pages have a calming effect. However there is another set of people who simply don’t have courage to speak even to lifeless pages of dairy and simply present themselves in front of their reflection – unabashed, emotionally unraveled, without any prejudice and probably with an open mind to accept what I am .

I presume I fall in the last category

Often adoring ones reflection is perceived as sign of self consciousness, low esteem et al. I tend to counter that perception. I sense when I am really pleased about myself, am pure and truthful from my within…I spent invariably longer time in front of those light reflecting medium. I try viewing myself on those reflections what my future behold for me and where my present stands. I turn my chin around an imaginary locus of circle to get a clear view about my face to check whether each cell of my face has received that dose of compliment and gratitude. I suspect whether I would do the same if I have committed something wrong.

It’s the people who are honest about themselves and have the conviction to face the adverse remarks about their entity who dare to bring out his wildest of thoughts and most savage ideas out of those cabined closet of heart and mind. One, who has immense belief and conviction about his persona, his actions, his reaction, his decision, his mistakes, his fallacy, and his shortcomings, never hesitates to speak his mind and heart. I don’t know how many of us really can muster that courage. I often think how the opposite person will react if I am plain speaking. I often shiver with thought ‘What If’ he/she presumes I am Not what I was supposed to be in his/her eyes. That’s where I think I loose my honesty and betray my reflection

I try to snatch an ounce of those convictions from my reflection

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home